Celebrating Lithuanian Arts and Culture
Hungry for the world’s best potato pancakes? Yearning to meet the Lithuanian-American community? In the market for amber jewelry? Craving the taste of old world rye bread, kugelis, and kielbasa? Curious about Lithuanian music and dance? Thirsty for Svyturys or Kalnapilis? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then our Annual Mugė Lithuanian Festival is for you!
Each year during the first weekend in November, we celebrate Lithuanian arts and culture at our annual Mugė Lithuanian fair. By far, this is our most popular event of the year and our largest fundraiser.
Both days are packed with fun for the entire family. From live music and folk dance performances to artisan jewelry and crafts to face painting and authentic Lithuanian comfort food, this Lithuanian fair is a popular crowd pleaser every year.
Let’s not forget about food! We learned about old world cooking from our mothers and grandmothers and run our kitchen as they would have. We proudly serve our best Lithuanian recipes: from balandėliai to blynai to poppy seed rolls and honey cakes. Plus, we offer nearly every variety of imported Lithuanian beer.
The Mugė Lithuanian fair is a fabulous opportunity for full immersion in Lithuanian culture and tradition. Enjoy our live entertainment, see old friends, and meet the rest of the Philadelphia Lithuanian community.
We extend our heartfelt appreciation to everyone who attended the 36th Annual Mugė Lithuanian Fair on November 2nd and 3rd and to our volunteers and vendors who made the event possible! One of the many highlights of the fair was a performance by popular Lithuanian singer and songwriter, Romas Dambrauskas in our Club Room. Visit our photo gallery to see highlights of the 36th Annual Mugė Lithuanian Festival.
We are so grateful to the organizations who donated the following prizes to our 2013 fundraiser!
- 4 Club Box tickets to a Philadelphia 76ers game with a miniature Spalding basketball autographed by Evan Turner (courtesy of the Philadelphia 76ers: won by G. Stirbys of Philadelphia)
- Vizio 32″ LED HDTV (courtesy of the Lithuanian Music Hall Association: won by S. Roberts of Broomall)
- Official MLB Rawlings baseball autographed by Philadelphia Phillies National Baseball Hall of Famer, Mike Schmidt (courtesy of the Philadelphia Phillies: won by D. McIntyre of Philadelphia)
- Family membership for two adults and four children to The Franklin Institute (courtesy of The Franklin Institute: won by E. Mockapetris of Philadelphia)
- Dual membership for one adult and one guest to The Franklin Institute (courtesy of The Franklin Institute: won by J. Franks of Trevose)
- $100 gift certificate to the Continental Mid-Town (courtesy of Starr Restaurants: won by J. Franks of Trevose)
- $50 gift certificate to Ten Pennies Florist and Decorators (courtesy of Ten Pennies Florist and Decorators: won by A. Karalius of New Bern)
Watch Children’s Folk Band, Spindulelis Perform at the 36th Annual Mugė Lithuanian Festival
We look forward to seeing you at the 37th Annual Mugė Lithuanian Festival on November 1st and 2nd, 2014!