Celebrate Lithuanian Arts and Culture!
Thank you to everyone who attended the 39th Annual Mugė Lithuanian Festival on November 7th and 8th and thank you to our volunteers, sponsors, and vendors who made the event possible! It was a spectacular weekend and was, by far, our most popular Mugė ever!
We will celebrate our 40th Annual Mugė Lithuanian Festival on Saturday, November 5 and Sunday, November 6, 2016 and will start posting updates for it later this summer. Until then, details from 2015’s event appear below.
Both days are packed with fun for the entire family! From live music and folk dance performances to artisan jewelry and crafts to children’s activities and authentic Lithuanian comfort food, this Lithuanian fair is a popular crowd pleaser every year. Visit our newly renovated Cultural Center to discover Lithuanian heritage, share your family’s immigration pasaka (story), find your ancestors’ birthplace on our map, and get inspired to learn more about Lithuania. Mugė is a fabulous opportunity for full immersion in Lithuanian culture and tradition. See our activities and entertainment schedule for full details.
Listen to live music, watch folk dance performances, and when you get the urge, sing and dance along! We are pleased to announce that Ramunė Stankevičiūtė returns this year for an encore performance of sultry cabaret songs. Her Moonlight Cabaret starts at 7 downstairs in the Club Room and is free to Saturday’s Mugė attendees who present their wristbands at the door.
Savor the delectable old world dishes our mothers and grandmothers taught us to prepare. We proudly serve a full menu of our best Lithuanian recipes: balandėliai (stuffed cabbage), blynai (potato pancakes), kugelis (potato pudding), poppy seed rolls, honey cakes, and so many more delicious treats. See Saturday’s menu and Sunday’s menu for more details.
Our bars are stocked with a wide variety of cold imported Lithuanian beers. Plus, we offer a selection of popular wines and your favorite mixed drinks. If you enjoy Lithuanian honey liqueur, visit our krupnikas bar upstairs in the Grand Ballroom on Saturday and vote for your favorite homemade krupnikas. If you think your krupnikas recipe has what it takes to beat the competition, enter our krupnikas contest! This year’s competition is limited to the first 10 contestants, so be sure to register for the krupnikas contest soon.
If you’d like to get involved with LMHA, visit our welcome table to learn more about membership and our upcoming events and projects. Purchase an official Mugė souvenir t-shirt or take a chance on some raffle tickets and you’ll be supporting Lithuanian arts and culture in our region.
Tickets for this year’s raffle fundraiser are $3 each, 2 tickets for $5, and 5 tickets for $10. Winners will be drawn on Sunday, November 8th and need not be present to win. Following are this year’s exciting prizes.
- 1st Prize: 32″ HDTV, courtesy of LMHA (winner: Aušra Maknys)
- 2nd Prize: Four Philadelphia 76ers Club Box Tickets, courtesy of the Philadelphia 76ers (winner: Danutė Gecas)
- 3rd Prize: Two Philadelphia Flyers Club Box Tickets with VIP Parking, courtesy of the Museum of Sports (winner: Diane Rociunas)
- 4th Prize: Taste of Lithuania Gift Basket & Bridges subscription, courtesy of Amber Roots Heritage Club and Terese Vekteris, editor of Bridges (winner: Elizabeth Krotulis)
- 5th Prize: Phillies Steve Carlton Autographed Baseball, courtesy of the Philadelphia Phillies (winner: Julianna Walker)
- 6th Prize: Ten Pennies Florist & Decorators $50 Gift Certificate, courtesy of Ten Pennies Florist and Decorators (winner: Mary Alkons)
- 7th Prize: Accommodations in Las Vegas at BlueGreen Club 36, courtesy of Vida Lanyte Anton (winner: Mary Eileen Perhosky)
Follow Mugė on Facebook and let us know what you enjoy most about our festival.
To see images from last year’s festivities, visit our photo gallery.
Saturday, November 7 (12 — 8 P.M.)
Sunday, November 8 (12 — 6 P.M.)
Donations at the door:
- Adult, non-members: $5
- Seniors and teens (13 to 18 years): $3
- Children 12 and under: free
- Current members: free
If you are an artist or vendor specializing in Lithuanian and/or Baltic treasures and would like to get involved in this year’s festival, here are details about how you can participate in this year’s Mugė.
If you are joining us from out of town, accommodations are available nearby at the Penn’s Landing Holiday Inn Express, Sheraton Society Hill Hotel, Penn’s View Hotel, and at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing.
Archive: Mugė 2014.